GET MORE INVOLVED – BECOME A COMMITTEE MEMBER
The Central & Executive Committees
As a GCRP Central or Executive Committee Member, you are a Republican leader in your neighborhood. You will find that candidates and public officials will be interested in your ideas as to what needs to be done in your community.
The purpose of the Central and Executive Committees is to promote and represent the Geauga County Republican Party (GCRP) and to support Republican policies, programs, and candidates on the national, state, and local levels.
The GCRP has both a Central Committee and an Executive Committee. Each of the 78 polling precincts in Geauga County has a Central Committee Republican Party seat. Central Committee members must petition to be on the ballot to serve in a GCRP precinct seat during a Republican primary election. The Executive Committee is comprised of qualified Republican Party individuals including all those who serve on Central Committee, county-wide and regional Republican elected officials, and our Party Chairwoman. If a vacancy exists on either the Central or Executive Committees, the GCRP Chairman may recommend (and the Central Committee must confirm) a representative to serve in that position for the remainder of the unexpired term.
The GCRP continually works to fill vacant party seats on both our Central and Executive Committees. If you would like to get more involved to serve the GCRP in this capacity, please contact us today.
To read more about Central and Executive Committee, see our Bylaws.
Duties & Responsibilities of GCRP Committee Members
The following are some of the duties and responsibilities that Committee members perform.
- Regularly attend quarterly meetings to assist in organizing and supervising county Republican Party operations, vote on various issues and expenditures, endorse candidates, make recommendations for representatives on the County Board of Elections, and vote on candidates for vacant elected offices whenever they occur.
- Volunteer on other Geauga GOP Committees (Fundraising, Outreach, Communications, Events, Membership Services, Campaign, Fairs & Festivals, etc.).
- Register new people in your precinct to vote: move-ins or people who reach voting age.
- Volunteer to distribute literature for candidates in your area.
- Volunteer at our headquarters during Gubernatorial and Presidential elections.
- Recruit volunteers to work the polls on Election Day.
- Promote Republican candidates to neighbors.
- Maximize the Republican vote in your precinct.
- Pay annual dues as a General member.